In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

358 winchester

uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
Barnes has discontinued the 180 X spitzer; used it with great success. Now searching for new loads (basic whitetail hunting/large borr, and possiable blackbear at times) I built the rifle on a Remington 788 w/ Dougles 1-12 #4 18 1/2 long. With the (X) it would M.O.A, haven't had the same with Remington 200 sptz; any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    How many of you have one? I have one (is was a 35 Remington that was re-chambered for the 358 Winchester and in a pump). and my father has about 5 in his collection (he does not shoot them they are all brand new in the box except a browning blr and a straight stock (think that's a savage lever action as well)) If you do have one, what are your pet loads for them (if you want to disclose them)?

The 358 is an amazing cartridge and reloading them is as simple as reloading any other round. Love it with really good ballistics.

I actually contacted Remington themselves and asked if they would make me a custom R-25 from the 308 to the 358. I think it would be amazing in a semi auto. I might just buy a r-25 in the 308 and take it to a reputable gunsmith. Unfortunately, Remington denied me. But I love the Round. What are your thoughts?

-JD
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a rechambered pump and I love it . My pet deer load is the Speer 220Gr. SPFP over 50Gr. of Win. 748 . Killed the biggest deer of my life with it three years ago in Ontario . My oldest grand son gets it when I'm gone !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No one else owns a 358 Winchester? Really? Can't buy ammo from my knowledge so I thought re-loaders would be all over this one to hear their thoughts. Oh well, I guess i love my 358 too much...ha

-JD
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You and I must be rare birds indeed . [8D]