In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much would you pay? Pic

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
How much should I offer for these? There is a shell holder with them.

45acpdies2.jpg

45acpdies.jpg

Comments

• Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    How do I tell if they are steel or carbide?
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D@D
    How do I tell if they are steel or carbide?

The sizing die will be the only one that is carbide. You can tell if a die is carbide by looking at the end of the die, the carbide will be a sleeve inside the steel. The carbide is darker. I can tell you though, that the sizing die in that set is not carbide.

$10-15, someone will still want to get a carbide die so they don't have to mess with lube.

On a side note, do you have standard rings to put on that set? Or better yet, I would trade you those rings for a set of locking rings that I have. Those rings work better for my press then other locking rings do.

Oh, and those rings are 4.80 from forester.
  • Options
    shooteroneshooterone Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are steel. If you want carbide, buy carbide, like a used set of RCBS. These Bonanza dies are $15 to $20. If I saw them for $15 dollars I would buy them just for the rings. I have a Forester press and it seems that I am always short of the rings.