In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

estate sale

one2hutnone2hutn Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
Hello all. I am attending an estate sale tomorrow that contains a lot of reloading equip. i have corresponded with the gentleman and was wondering if anyone can tell me what a fair price in general for used equipment and components is? Do you buy powder at an estate sale? Apparently the inventory belonged to a family member who has passed. Judging by the pictures there are more than half a dozen presses, shelves of powder, a large shelf of dies, a dozen or so bullet molds and so I assume a furnace. I have been building up my reloading equipment and supplies for almost 2 years now and will be building a shop this spring with a space just for reloading. Is there one piece more than anything else I should specifically look for. Any advice will be appreciated. I just caught this info today and the man is being nice enough to let me be one of the first to get in.

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one2hutn,

One press, powder measure and the powder you need for each cartridge you load for is about all you'll need.

However, if you have a chance to buy extra presses and powder measures, tools and supplies for what you can afford it's not a bad buy. You can usually get you money back out if you don't spend too much. Figure 50% on used stuff. Durable goods (presses, tools) you can make a profit. Non-durable goods (powders, primers) you will only break even at an average of 50%.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Star Brand Pistol progressive reloader also star lubersizer. Any Hensley & Gibbs mold blocks.