In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Press?. Pic

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
What can ya'll tell me about this press? I got it awhile back when I bought a storage building. I know its a RCBS Jr. Does it appear to be all there? Any other info ya'll can give would be helpful.

press.jpg

press2-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the RCBS and JR2 cast into the frame is a dead giveaway that it is an RCBS Junior. I don't recall the difference between a plain Junior and a 2 but it probably doesn't amount to much. Even has a shellholder in place.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Hawk Carse Posted - 01/29/2010 : 11:29:54 AM I think the RCBS and JR2 cast into the frame is a dead giveaway that it is an RCBS Junior. I don't recall the difference between a plain Junior and a 2 but it probably doesn't amount to much. Even has a shellholder in place.

Thanks, think I'll be setting it up to do some 308 soon.[:)]
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see 2 "accessories" that are missing, the "press prime" arm and tube mount (most people I know prefer to hand prime anyway, so no big deal) and the "spent primer catcher" which is a "C" shaped piece that fits around the front of the press and is held in place with a rubber band (I load on a cement floor, and find it easier to sweep up the primers than to fool around with the catcher thingy)
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be able to find all priming accessories if you look around.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent an email to RCBS to see if I can buy those 2 parts from them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They are sending the piece's to make it whole. Man RCBS is a great company.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't use it to prime,..the LEE hand primer is much more precise and faster to boot.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    don't use it to prime,..the LEE hand primer is much more precise and faster to boot.

+1 on this
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If needed. +2 on the LEE hand prime.
  • Options
    MEwertMEwert Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please tell me how the Lee is more precice.
  • Options
    2-blade2-blade Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How can it be faster to add an extra step ? more precise yes.but faster I dont buy that,if you have the primer arm set up correct.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a big fan of many Lee products, including their priming tool, but if you're thinking of going that way, take a look at the Hornady tool. More expensive for sure, but more durable and comfortable to use, IHMO.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MEwert
    Please tell me how the Lee is more precice.

the tool allows the user to feel the primer seating and feel the amount of pressure used each time. The force created by the press allows no feel at all.