In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS Chargemaster-Anyone provide a updated report

sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
I completed a search on all forums related to the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 and there have been no threads since February 2009 and that report by knucklehead14 was positive. I am seriously considering buying one and wanted to ask if anyone can provide feedback or comments as to why it would be a bad investment. Thanks, Mark

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read the product reviews at Midway comparing the RCBS & the Lyman. Seems RCBS wins hands down.
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    Sig,

I own a ChargeMaster 1500 and I absolutely love it. All I can tell you is you will not regret it if you buy one.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know two people that have them and they are very happy with them. They sure are fast.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Buddy has had one for a couple years now and uses it lots. He really likes his.

I got one about 6 months ago and like it. I have only used it for about 200rds in one caliber with one load. I did this in about 4-5 batches.
  • Options
    woodengunwoodengun Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had one for a couple of years and really liked it. However, it is on it's way back for repairs. The keypad is malfunctioning so I can't control the charge weight. Hasn't been used enough to wear it out. RCBS will repair for a $45 charge.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My only contribution (I own the original model, not the 1500) is that there are persistent rumors that RCBS will be coming out with a third-generation model soon. The folks at SHOT did not deny it but would not give a date, either.

Hornady is also coming out with a powder dispenser system that looked impressive at SHOT. Check their website.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodengun
    I have had one for a couple of years and really liked it. However, it is on it's way back for repairs. The keypad is malfunctioning so I can't control the charge weight. Hasn't been used enough to wear it out. RCBS will repair for a $45 charge.

I had a little trouble with mine when I sent it in They did not fix it they sent me a brand new unit.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got mine a little while ago from Natchez when they were on sale. Looks like they are still on sale.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by csjs1194
    quote:Originally posted by woodengun

I had a little trouble with mine when I sent it in They did not fix it they sent me a brand new unit.

Me too, not repaired, it was replaced with a brand new one.
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for taking time to respond - I am gonna order one from Natchez this week. Best price I have found. Look forward to getting it in....Thanks again, Mark
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sigarmsp226
    Thanks everyone for taking time to respond - I am gonna order one from Natchez this week. Best price I have found. Look forward to getting it in....Thanks again, Mark

Make sure to look at Midsouth Shooters supply when I bought mine in 2007 they were $30 cheaper than everyone else