In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Best Gun for Bulleye Shooting

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
For a beginner which new gun is the best
for Bulleye shooting

99.9 will get this wrong..in my view

Now ur thinking, I want the best
I want to kick *
I have the money and the time
I want to shoot in the Club Match, State & National matches
which gun will do the trick for me
I know I have to practice

Which one,,,,,,Which one will it be ???????????????

bestpistol20.jpg

none of the above>>>>>>>>new

Y

Because u will have that high priced
gun wore-out before u will know it's
capability. Buy anyone above USED
and practice, practice, practice for 1 to
2 years.

bestpistol1y.jpg

bestpistol4Y.jpg

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun is only as good as the person shooting it!
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Wrong Wallie.

Buy a Hammerli 208 or S&W 41. If you're not good before those guns "wear out" you never will be. The best gun has less alibi's and at 50 yds. can make a little better score. No matter what, you still need to practice.

Practice with the best is better then practice with the worst and far less frustrating. And there are some of us (like myself) that have the best, practice, and still can't shoot well one handed at that darn little target.
  • Options
    gcs10gcs10 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wallie,

I totally agree that practice is more important than equipment but you do need good enough equipment to show that you are improving. I think a Ruger or Browning .22 LR with a trigger job can start you off in Bullseye but the centerfire gun needs to be better than cheap out of the box. My first .45 would not hold the 7 ring at 50 yards. I never knew if I couldn't shoot or if the gun missed. Once I got a Bullseye .45, I knew when I messed up because the gun did its job every time. Now, it is time to practice -- bunches. So my perspective says a cheap .22 to learn on but a good .45 to continue the education. I don't think the education is ever complete.
  • Options
    264fan264fan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Totaly wrong wallie! There is no way you will wear out a new target grade 22 or 45 in 2 years. You may ruin it by improper cleaning and abuse but not from shooting. Doubt that you will shoot more than 5000 rounds a year and 10,000 won't wear one out!
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W 38/357 Spl - Like a Model 586 or 686 or a Model 19 or 66. Or a 38Spl S&W Model 10.....My guesses.....Mark
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W K-38 Masterpiece.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May be more fun to play with whatever is handy and work up to the best you can afford.
    Like most bang for the buck!