In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hand Primer vs Tube fed primer Continued

Thanks to all that responed to my hand primer question. I see that most, if not all, suggested I go with the hand primer. My question now is; The Lee primer from Midway cost $13.00, the RCBS one cost $50.00. I have used RCBS equipment since the mid 1970's without complaint, but how can there be such a huge difference in the price of these two hand primers? Thanks to all who help with this question!

Comments

• bentley47bentley47 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of my equipment is RCBS, as well, especially everything over 30 years old. But, I can't help you on the difference 'cause my 2 Lees are the only hand primers I've ever used - 20 years or so. One set up for LP and one for SP. There may be better products out there, but I have not felt the need to look further. It works!

edit - Lee does take a unique shell holder for the hand primer - can't use the one from the press, so there is some expense in getting those for your needs.
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    bentley47- Sounds like the Lee works. Thank you.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Lee is made of zinc or some such, and so it will eventually break. At which time Lee will send you a brand new one. A dab of grease on both ends of the link rod and they'll pretty much last decades.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I've been using two Lees for over 20years and mine have never broken. When you can buy two for about half than a RCBS, why go there? A friend has a RCBS and it is always comming apart on him [xx(]