In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stockpile of Supplies

I'm reletively new to reloading and am interested in buying in bulk for cost savings and fear of future legislation; and plan to reload for 9mm, .40, .380. .357, .30-06, 35 Whelen, etc. and would like feedback on primer brands and types and suggestions on brands to buy, sizes and suggestions on where to buy in 1000 brick sizes. Same with brass, powder etc. Also, suggestions for long-term storage. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some general guidelines:

Store powder and primers where it is cool and dry, left sealed in original containers.

A one-year supply of everything at your usual rate of shooting is about average. A two-year supply might be prudent in times like this. Anything more than that is hoarding (in MY OPINION) and is harmful to every other shooter who wants/needs to buy supplies.

I can't advise on the "best" powders and primers because only experimentation with YOUR guns will disclose that. But following the load manuals' suggestions for "most accurate" or "best load" would be a great place to start experimenting.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    As far as buying in bulk right now, get what you can while you can, wherever you can find it [;)] Everything is still in short supply.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    recobs online had quite a bit of powder and primers in stock last time i looked. but that was some time ago