In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

IMR 700-x in a .380?

dthhaldthhal Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone used IMR 700-x in a .380 load? Have you had success with it? How clean does it burn? Velocities?

I appreciate your feedback.

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used to good effect in the 9 Mak, which is close enough to the .380 to be a meaningful comparison. It works very well.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    dthhaldthhal Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rocky. I have been looking at this powder to use in my .380, .45, and 12ga. It seems like a good all around powder for these 3 loads but wanted some feedback before taking the plunge so to speak. Ive had good results in the .45 and 12ga but the .380 is new to me.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Red Dot is another powder that works well in all of the cartridges you mention.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Have used 700X for all of the above including .38 special. I have had a little better results with "Clays" in it is a little cleaner and seems to meter (in my equipment) a bit more consistent. It may not be the "best" for each caliber, but you can use 700X for 28ga-12ga and .380-.45. Just watch your pressures if you are loading "hot".

Best of luck.