In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is Fiocchi 9mm brass good, bad or ugly?

45Kimber45Kimber Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
What is your opinion on Fiocchi 9mm brass? Just wondering if any good. Also what do you think of Speer, S&B, or others that just have a bad reputation?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Out of all the 9mm brass I've reloaded, there was only one I found that I considered bad. Right now I don't have any left, and can't remember the headstamp. When it was resized it looked like a belted magnum case, with a ring around the bottom.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    I load it all the time, no problems found (my brass is 5+ years old so there may have been a change). I do like the Speer because it is thinner wall and runs thru the machines better, but may not last as long. S&B seems very good with a nice thick base.

I only load light target loads, so my brass lasts a very long time, can't give you a reasonable life on any of the above with a hvy load.

I'm partial to Remington or Starline brass and Winchester components for "match" purpose, but for general shooting they all seem to be fine.
  • Options
    45Kimber45Kimber Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Fioccho is good brass. Like Winchester and Federal better.
  • Options
    lefty105lefty105 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had two boxes of factory Fiocchi 9mm that split all the cases - noticed it picking up empties from the first mag. Called the company and they had it in their system and offered to replace them That lot was 2812003/906 and mine were 115 gr FMJ's.