In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7mm RUM Loadings??

Just bought the 7mm RUM SFII Sendero.Anybody out there with a "pet"loading?Buddy tells me a 140gr with 95gr H1000 does it all.I have all weights,and bullet configurations to 175gr Partitions.What works best at ranges out to 600 to 1000Yd from the peanut gallery?Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RandyTheReloader,

Welcome to the Gunbroker Forums!

"What works best at ranges out to 600 to 1000Yd..."

That's going to depend on what you're shooting at those ranges. Hunting out to 1,000 yards takes a heck of a set up complete with a super accurate, sharp scope combined with a shooter who has practiced until he is absolutely sure he can dispatch his game properly. A superb rangefinder is mandatory and they aren't cheap either.

Target shooting out to 1,000 yards takes a different type of bullet and scopes that are remarkably better than those used by the vast majority of shooters. Scopes necessary for either of these pursuits are generally in the $1,500.00 to $3,000.00 range not including rings and bases.

Give us some details and we can help fill in the blanks.

Best.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are you shooting at 600 to 1000 yards?
  • Options
    RandyTheReloaderRandyTheReloader Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Fellas,Thanks for the interest.It's whitetail deer.A Lecia RF(borrowed)I have an Osprey 800 myself.Using a R700 SFII Sendero topped with a 618-40 Shepherd.I've the privilege to shoot a 700yd range until the hay gets planted end of this month.Headed there Saturday IF the landowner can make himself available.We plan on getting the one shot zero with my factory Scirocco 150's and cronograph.Then possibly try his recipe 140gr both BT&S,95gr H1000 reduced,with Win & Rem mag primers to see what works in this warmer weather for now.The temps are to throttle back here in the 50's by then.Better than today's 90's.What I was hoping to get was what the forum fellas that shoot the 7mm RUM have found as their most accurate long range loadings to try for the thin skinned ones.This is why I have two .22 Target pistols listed on auction right now after buying this "Beast".Thanks hope that you moderator,and also Jr.Member can help get this thread off the ground with me.Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh I forgot how do I get the photos of my Sendero to post on here.I tried the "Insert Image",but all it showed was {img} instead.[V]Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Randy,

A short introduction to inserting pictures into a thread are in the link:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

If you have more questions, post or send me an e-mail.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [img][/img]IM001205.JPGIM001207.JPGIM001206.JPG[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    What are you shooting at 600 to 1000 yards?

Whitetail's.Thanks for your Long Range interest.Hope you have some experiences that I can put to the benches.RTR
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thumbnails rarely solve anything. You're better off selecting one of the sizes suitable for posting:

IM001207.JPG

IM001205.JPG

IM001206.JPG

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey NONONSENSE kudos for the photo size corrections!!I will do better next copy/paste.Ain't she pretty close up?She's just as pretty 800 meters away too.I see your beauties are any of them in RUM?Know anybody here on the forums that can contribute to this thread?Please NO CRAZIES[:o)]Just some good ballistics.Thanks.