In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Once fired?

bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
Okay, here is my question. What companies use silver primers from the factory? What companies use gold primers from the factory? trying to sort through some 9mm brass and every company seems to use different primer colors and every reload i have made has a silver primer. I separated all the gold out as once fired, but I know a lot of the silver primer stuff is once fired also.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gold primers are no indication of being once fired. A lot of Remington primers for reloading are gold colored.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    Gold primers are no indication of being once fired. A lot of Remington primers for reloading are gold colored.

Agreed. Remington pistol ammo has both silver and gold.
  • bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ran across a bunch of silver remington and I figured it was once fired. Also, what about blazer and federal?
  • GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only ones I know are magtec the have a v shape on the primer
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blazers aren't reloadable.
  • SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't worry too much about it unlees you are trying to sell it as once fired. I shoot it till it splits the case mouth.
  • bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They make blazer brass, which is what I have. Not trying to sell it, just trying to keep it together. You are right, it really doesn't matter, but it also might help someone who is buying once fired brass to know what to look for.
  • Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when brass is resized for loading,their will be a telltale mark where the sizer die could not size the case due to the thickness of the shell holder.Usually very visible to the naked eye,mikeing it will surely tell the tale.
    Look for a difference in markings and coloring about a quarter inch above the 'rim' of the case.