In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Substitute Primers

bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
I have been using federal gold medal match large rifle magnum primers in my 300 and 338 win mags. In absence of such a primer, which is apparently the hardest primer to find right now, where would you start? I am not going to just switch the primers out and go on. I am going to start over.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my opinion; there is no need to start over, just get a primer you can obtain, WOLF are OK and seem available, Winchester are my #2 favorite after Federal, and see how they do for you.
  • Options
    grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with bpost1958, don`t start over just switch primers to a good brand and keep on loading. I use the Remingtion, and are going to get some Wolf for standby if I can`t find or run out of Remingtons. I am not sure of the CCI primers any more I have heard that they are too soft, which I don`t know what that means. I have used them for years but I am not sure that I would recomend them until I find out more about them.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Want to know how to switch ANY component while never firing an unsafe shot and using a bare minimum of components in testing?

Read this: http://www.reloadingroom.com/index_files/95S.htm

(My pages display perfectly in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, but some versions of IE scramble them.)
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky, I would really like to see that article but on my IE it shows for about 2 seconds and then goes to a blank screen.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like I said, IE scrambles it.

It might be far right instead of flush left, but it also might be gobbledegook as well. The pages were written using Microsoft software; naturally, a different MS product can't read it.

Download Firefox, or Google Chrome and you'll never look back.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    My IE moves everything on Rockys site to the far right. Everything reads OK though.