In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

reloading the hs hull

bigdaddy75069bigdaddy75069 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
I have always loaded the old stlye aa hull but as my supply dwindles down I guess i will try the hs hulls.What if anything do i have to do differntley to reload the newer aa h/s hulls.thanks

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the Remington STS hulls. They load the same as the old AA's and last longer. The HS hulls require a different wad I believe.
  • Options
    gcs10gcs10 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have tried to reload the HS hulls. The hull itself is much stiffer than the compression formed hull so it does not take resizing or crimping as well as the compression formed hull does. I think the HS hull works fine after it has been reloaded a couple of times but until then, it is a bit frustrating. It is difficult to get a tight crimp on. I am trying to milk my compression formed hulls as long as I can.

My reloading manuals do not show any difference in load between the HS hull and the compression formed hull.

Cort
  • Options
    alan selfalan self Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got some shot shells yesterday hs's. On the box it tells about reloading this HS hulls it says a certain wad to use. Red I think ?
  • Options
    20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who needs the old 12 ga compression formed hulls? I over 2000 once fired AA comp formed in my basement looking for a good home at the right price. I just don't shoot the big gun anymore.