In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lyman DPS

bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
I have had my Lyman since 2005 and it has worked well since I have had it. I have just started noticing the last few times I have used it, that the powder is starting to stick inside of it. Has anyone else had this problem with it and how have you solved it?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Try washing everything in hot soapy water. And let dry very good.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    anti static clothes drier sheets
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure what you mean by "stick inside it." If you mean that some powder kernels cling to the plastic tube, then it's a static electricity issue (quite common). Tuck a used dryer softener sheet in the tube for an hour or so and that should fix things. (NOT a new one - they are too moist.)

If you mean that powder is jamming in the feed tubes, that can be due to oily contamination, or simply powder kernels small enough to wedge in - usually very fine sphericals. If the latter, it can take a disassembly and blowout with dry compressed air to get it cleaned out.

NEVER wash a powder measure. NEVER oil one, either. Once it is clean and unjammed, run a pound of a graphited powder (any of the IMR numbers) through it. That's all the lube you need.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is sticking to the plastic part the tube sits in, not the tube or the base that the trickler goes through. the paint seems to be starting to come off of it. the worst was getting power pistol powder to come off of it. edit- the part is called the reservoir base.