In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lee Alox help needed

My question is, I am using non-gas check bullets for a .357 revolver. It is an old Lee mold, 170 gr. SWC. I will be loading both .38 and .357 loads, none will be hot, under 1150 fps. Should I just lightly tumble the bullets in the Alox, then run them through the sizer? Will the sizer (Lee) take lube off and require re-lubing Or is their a step I am missing?

Thanks,

L. Sixgunner

Comments

• Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lee claims their TL bullets do not need sizing. The sizer will take off some of the lube. The TL bullets are the ones with about 6 or so grease grooves around the circumference. I do not know what kind of sizer you are using.
  • Options
    Lanark SixgunnerLanark Sixgunner Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am using the Lee sizer die. The bullets are quite oversized, thought I'd run them through, then give a quick (light) re-lubing?
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, the instructions that nobody reads say to lightly lube with LLA, size and then lube again, also lightly.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are corect. I cast 45 acp and tumble lube then size and relube. If you dont size you will find that 15% of them will be oversized.Sizing will mess up the grooves but it doesnt seem to make much difference. Have fun. Oh ya let them dry overnight dont size them wet.
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cut the Lee lube about 50-50 with mineral spirits to thin it. A cottage cheese container makes a nice receptacle to swirl the bullets. You can use it over too. I size the bullets first then stand them on wax paper until dry. If you put a nice bell on the case mouth you will not scrape too much lube off. E.Z.
  • Options
    Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alox sure does get smokey though.