In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

who sells / where can I buy

375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
A cast bullet , made with a Lyman mould , called " Devastators " ????

I was buying them a few years ago from a fella in Fl. , but I was told his wife got sickly , and he stopped cast/selling , and I lost contact with him .His web site was " BlackJack Hills "

I still have a few loaded in 44 mag and 45 ACP , but would like to find someone who casts/sells them .

I'm looking for 9mm , 38/357 , 44 , & 45 cal's

Anyone know anything about them or ever load or shoot any ?

Here's a little write up on them .

http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=7

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    "devastator" was Lyman's marketing name for their most recently produced hollow point pistol moulds.
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand that , I would like to know where I can buy some .

I should have phrased the thread title a little different .
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes,

I have heard of them.[:)]

CP
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Before you spend your money . Suggest you see if you can buy or borrow a Hollow-point bullet of any make and any caliber. I have cast thousands of pistol bullets BUT Hollow-point bullets almost mandate a single cavity mold because you must remove the nose cavity part after the bullet has cooled enough to solidify then open the mold block to dump the finished bullet and then hope the mold has not cooled so much the next bullet will not fill out in the mold. I suspect you will find that the production is so slow you will be better served collecting aluminum cans from the ditches along roads to sell and then buy your bullets for reloading. If you buy Swaged Bullets semi wadcutter bullets to load or use soft allow to mold in 4 cavity mold blocks they will expand and stay in one piece as good if not better then ANY HOLLOW-Point . I have shot every thing from Water Buffalo down with 45ACP semi-wadcutter lead hand loads they get the job done. [^]
  • Options
    GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was somebody on GB selling them a while a go.