In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scopes

uni82uni82 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭
I am in the market for a scope right meow. I am looking for a decent 16+ power scope for my browning a-bolt 308. I have been doing research and I think im leaning towards a Nikon.

Now my question is have anyone heard of this Mueller company? I just ran into them today and their prices are good but I don't want to buy Chinese crap. I would like decent optics and I am willing to spend just a little more for the Nikon, but still would like to consider the Mueller.

I actually have a Simmons scope on a 243. A lot of people don't like the Simmons but I have taken at least 5-8 deer over the years with just a Simmons and it hasn't let me down. Is the Mueller comparable to the Simmons or should I just spend my money and stick with the Nikon?

Thanks a lot!

-JD

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone heard of NC Star scopes and what do you think of them
    thanks
    Rob
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With optics, you will get what you pay for! If you're lucky. Stick with the known good ones. For me it's Leupold or Burris. Nikon would be my only off shore candidate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just hoping that Mueller would be great optics with great prices just because it isn't a big name brand. I wont put it on a magnum but I think it should do just fine with a 308. I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with them to give me their input so I could save some money. Leupold/Burris/Nikon/Nightforce are all great optics. They have proven themselves over and over again. I know I could just get one of those, but as I said they are all slightly outa my price. I will be doing mainly target shooting and hunting with it so I want something with 16 + power. Thanks again!

-JD
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you start to get past 12 x or so on cheap scopes it will start to get fuzzy. For hunting you want a wild field of view, which maybe difficult to find in a 5-16x scope. I have a Nikon Monarch, 4-16x, in my eyes, it is comparable to a VXIII that I have, only several hundred cheaper. I am sure you would be happy with a Monarch scope, no experience with Nikon's lower scopes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your advice, I think it's going to be a Nikon! Thanks!
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where to go for in depth comparative info on good optics?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy Burris, cry once.