In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone have load data for ..........

375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
9mm luger , 124gr jacketed bullet ( here's the topper ) using Winchester 230-P powder .

I'm hoping someone might have an older load manual that has data for this powder.

Thank Ya Kindly for any info .

Comments

• Options
    20gabob20gabob Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking at my 1962 Win/Western loading pamphlet again and the only thing it shows for 9MM and win 230P is for a 115 FMC bullet, 1 1/2 or 108 primer, 4.5 gr 230P at 1140 fps. Nothing showing for 124 gr what soever on this pamphlet. Hope this will help you out.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Put home.hiwaay.net/~stargate//powder/powder.htm in your search and click on Powder Burn Rate Chart.
    You will see 230-P is right at W-231.
    You can use W-231 data for 230-P.
  • Options
    grady mitchellgrady mitchell Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have plenty of old reloading books listed here on the gb search under shady grady
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shady grady , search turned up nothing , post a link to your auctions .

Thanks dcs , will load a few middle charge with 231 data , looks to be around 4.3 gr's , I'll load a clip full and see how they work/cycle through the pistol .
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Hornady handbook lists a max load with a 125 gr. bullet of 3.8 gr. of 230P giving 1050 fps.