In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Price Check on a Dillon 1050

CookECookE Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
Checking on a price for a Dillon 1050.

If this ad is out of line PLEASE delete it and no hard feelings.
Thanks............CookE

I haven't been keeping up with things and I was wondering if anyone out there might know what a Dillon 1050 would be worth on the open market. It's in very good shape. It is completely taken apart and cleaned after loading every 1000 rounds through it. Any ideas would surely be appreciated............THANKS.............CookE

I did not know of any other way to get ahold of you and ask you the question. I didn't know if you have or give out your email address or not........Thanks Again..

Edit: Moved to Reloading forum

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put this in the reloading room next time. thanks.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Sorry but I don't reload.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    This topic has been moved to this forum, you guys can probably help with this.[8D]
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    The new cost without extras is $1589. Extras can be viewed at Dillonprecision.com

There is not a lot of loss on this machine and I would estimate no less then 25% off list price for a good used machine. I have seen several sold for around $1250 and the buyers thought they got a steal.

The market is not as large as for the smaller models since you have to be a big time shooter to make this equipment pay, but these are great reloaders (much better then the 650's).

I am sure there will be quite a bit of interest on GB if you are looking to sell the machine. Assure you list all the extras as this can add quite a bit of value.

Best of luck
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Weird thing about the 1050 it DOES not get FREE replacement parts from Dillon if it breaks.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is considered to be a commercial machine that will be used all day every day, so it does not carry the lifetime warranty of the hobbyist presses. That said, the only part I ever needed for mine they sent for free, although I had to get the same guy on the phone who had told me what I needed on the Net.

Taking a 1050 apart every thousand rounds seems excessive to me. I am not a fast operator and that is less than three hours output. I would not dismantle such a complicated machine every week.
  • Options
    CookECookE Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all you guys. As far as tearing it down after every 1000 rounds, that a burden you have to carry when you are a AA personality. THANKS AGAIN.............CookE