In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alliant Pro Powder?

skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
What are these, anyone have any load data or where to find it? Web site doesn't say a whole lot.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that those are the NEW powders they are coming out with. I thought they said in JUNE so probably December.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are Alliant's first spherical powders (which they may be importing, not making) and are designed for specific uses, like Varmint. At SHOT, Dick Quisenberry told me that they plan to release them one at a time.

They are in fact falling behind on even that cautious approach. I'd privately suspect that they may be having QC problems. I haven't seen any on a shelf anywhere, nor have they sent me any review samples. All we can do is wait.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alliant says "Manufactured in the USA".
    Not saying whether they tooled up to make Ball Process powders themselves or are just buying from St Marks (Winchester, Hodgdon, Accurate Arms.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I missed that, thanks. Your thoughts are probably correct about St Marks. If so, the delay might simply be an issue of plant capacity. EVERY reloading plant is running at full capacity these days, due to demand.
  • Options
    skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was at Powder Valley and their web site had some in stock. Never seen before. I guess I'll wait for some data to come out.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only use Hodgdon powder!

Except for UNIQUE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure why you choose to do so, but if you'd switch to Hodgdon Universal instead of Unique, you could be a 100% "Big H" loader.

Hodgdon markets (they don't manufacture ANY smokeless powders) a very complete line of products, but in some instances, another company's product will excel in a given application. I use what works best, regardless of brand name.