In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Range Day

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
Took the .22/.250 Icon and others. I still can't get used to that cheap plastic 3-shot magazine. And it's 3-shot, period! The last one goes in hard--the fully loaded mag. won't go in with the bolt closed. But I finally found a load it likes; 38.5 gr. of IMR4064 with a 40 gr. V-max. Velocity was 4119 fps and 5-shot groups of .66" and .38". I hadn't shot the CZ527 .223 in a year and I forgot how much fun they are to shoot! I have one in .204 also--I'll have to get that one out next time. I don't have a rifle in 7.62x39 and I'm thinking of a CZ. Any one shoot one and how well do they shoot?

Anyway, it was a fun day!

Comments

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to the Vets parade then headed out to the range.My 357 taurus 605 did very good.I was using 38 loads, half the kick of the 357.I was given a Stoeger Supreme 12ga. for a retirerment gift.I've never shot an o/u shotgun.The shotgun handled dove and quial loads real nice.I tried some three inch steel duck loads , you sure can tell the differance.Looks like the m1 will always be my duck gun.
  • Options
    skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good time. I think I'd need a canoe for my range right now.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ambrose,

With Federal 7.62x39 they do as good as any other CZ 527 on factory ammo. Which is pretty good. The big problem is that cartridge doesn't really push the heavier, more accurate .312" bullets out fast enough. Although a 150 gr. does get going fast enough. Nothing light in that caliber is true match stuff and capable of really good accuracy.

But, FWIW, I think it would be an excellent buy. If you got tired of it, you could always rebarrel it to 6.5G