In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I found some Varget powder but it will go fast!

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
3- 1 lb cans $100 shipped which is about what I would pay locally.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FrancF,

That sounds like a decent deal after what you posted about finding previously.

Enjoy the reloading and shooting!

Best.
  • Options
    redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    3- 1 lb cans $100 shipped which is about what I would pay locally.

which caliber do you use varget for? i just picked some up for 308win and 223
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mostly for my .308, But I would like to try some out in my .22-250.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Franc Here is some for less
    http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Get some friends together and get an order up. you can ship up to 48 lbs for one hazmat fee.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varget is great. I use it for Some 223, all of my 22-250 & 243 & some 308.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by B17-P51
    Franc Here is some for less
    http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Get some friends together and get an order up. you can ship up to 48 lbs for one hazmat fee.

Thanks for the link![^]
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    come on, buying powder by the lb. is like buying gas by the pint, 8lb jugs[}:)]
  • Options
    redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    +1
  • Options
    edited November -1

I hear ya, But something to consider After the fire in my home a few years back from a faulty surge protector (confined to my living room) The Insurance Co. and Fire investigator spotted my reloading room.

Containment or not, in my county I am only allowed up to 4 lbs. in the dwelling (house). If this would have happened in my reload room and caused an explosion, My insurance will not cover it and I could also face criminal charges.
  • Options
    1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

I hear ya, But something to consider After the fire in my home a few years back from a faulty surge protector (confined to my living room) The Insurance Co. and Fire investigator spotted my reloading room.

Containment or not, in my county I am only allowed up to 4 lbs. in the dwelling (house). If this would have happened in my reload room and caused an explosion, My insurance will not cover it and I could also face criminal charges.

Man, have things changed. Remember the good old days when you could go to your local Gun Store? Not only did they know who you were, but they ALWAYS had whatever powder you wanted. I think my dad would roll over in his grave if he knew a pound of powder was more than $12.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "I think my dad would roll over in his grave if he knew a pound of powder was more than $12.".............well ya, but then you could get 3 gal. of gas or 3 packs of smokes for a buck[;)]