In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am retiring...

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
My 30 year old Lyman turret press for a new one. It was getting to lose. Friend was bugging me why I did not buy a Dillon. I guess I like going through the steps one by one.
DSC_0710.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing wrong with doing it in a methodical, accurate and safe way, my friend. Fifty+ years at this and I still use a single-stage press exclusively. My current and still perfectly good press is a mid-weight model RCBS I bought in 1976.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sold my Dillon 1,000 a while back and have not replaced it with another progressive.

Single stage reloading is fine for me. I am heading to Canton OH on July 8th to shoot in a regional NRA bullseye Pistol match. Every round will be loaded on a single stage press. I set up a old, seldom used, like new Lyman All American press to load ONLY 45 ACP.

It seems like you can go through a lot of ammo shooting 60-90 rounds every evening. [:D]
  • Options
    1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    I guess I like going through the steps one by one.

I completely agree with you. I started reloading with my Dad in the early 70's with an old RCBS Rock Chucker and Motorola Radio. I love the One-At-A-Time process. I have no intentions on replacing the old girls.