In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading Question Bullet Setting

diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭
I followed all the usual steps for reloading. I resized and deprimed the case. I primed ,loaded and attempted to seat the bullet.I have never loaded for the 260 before so the RCBS dies are brand new. The bullet gets stuck in the seater die and won't go into the case. I preformed the opertation 3 times before I took the die apart. My question is has anyone ever gotten the wrong sizer die from RCBS? Does anyone know what the sizer die size should be for the 260? Thanks for any help. Vince

Comments

• zimmdenzimmden Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never had wrong sizing die from RCBS. You must chamfer the inside of case neck slightly with proper tool. If brass is overly thick in case neck, your sizing die will overly size it. Try a boattail bullet. It should start into neck much easier. A good dial caliper will allow you to measure sized brass. Your die should leave the case neck about .260 inside dia. since the bullet actually measures .264.
  • diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info RCBS said it should be sized to .263 they are sending me new guts for the die. Vince