In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hornady .357 pointed bullets

jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried the soft (red) tip pointed .357dia bullets intended for lever action magazine tubes. These are now avail for reloading. Using them in 357mag lever gun. Any load data: 38spl/357mag? Would like any data such as velocity and if bullet upsets/mushrooms.

Comments

• Options
    gregoryhart1gregoryhart1 Member Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be sure to check the length of the bullets. I believe the brass for Hornady's Leverevolution rounds are shorter than standard to allow reliable feeding in lever guns. If they have to be seated deeply in standard brass you'll most likely have to adjust your charges accordingly.
    Of course if you load .38's that won't be an issue, or you can modify the carrier to accept the longer rounds.
    GH1[:)]
  • Options
    jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I never gave any thoughts to feed issues.
  • Options
    laogailaogai Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my 6" python shoots those 357 Hornady 140 gr FTXs really well; i don't measure but very tight groups w iron sights. liked the factory loads so well i bought the bullets to reload when they came out and have only tried 1 load: 13.5 of Enforcer w CCI 550 primer. hope to use on a deer this fall