In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Going blue

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
Would any of you guys familiar with Dillon equipment consider buying a 450 if the price is right? I think I would want the auto powder measure and auto primer attachments right away, that would be $170. Seems to me that I would just want to go with the 550b.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a friend that got the 450 way back and then upgraded everything to where it was a 550B. Cost more than just getting the 550. IMO it is not worth it without the auto primer and auto powder measure. I have loaded many many thousands of rounds on my 550B and would not trade it.
    If you could get the 450 where it would save you quite a bit after the two upgrades then maybe. Been a several years since they made the 450.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I fthe cost of the used 450 and upgrades are less than a new 550B I'd say go for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is a 450 on the auction side for 225 + 30 for shipping. To me that is to much. I certainly wouldn't mind the quick change out feature.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lets continue this discussion a little.

What are the advantages of the 650 over the 550?