In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.25 Remington

Looking for load data for .25 Remington. Will be shooting Remington Model 14 and Remington Model 8.

Comments

• Options
    awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have about 30 loads from the 1955 Belding & Mull handbook, for jacketed bullets from 60 grains to 117 grains.
    What do you need ??
    Also have 50+ loads from the Complete Guide to Handloading,
    3rd Edition, Second revision, dated 1953.
    Send me your addy and I'll mail all.[:)]
  • Options
    JSJ GunshopJSJ Gunshop Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by awinds
    Have about 30 loads from the 1955 Belding & Mull handbook, for jacketed bullets from 60 grains to 117 grains.
    What do you need ??
    Also have 50+ loads from the Complete Guide to Handloading,
    3rd Edition, Second revision, dated 1953.
    Send me your addy and I'll mail all.[:)]

Send to Jeff Johnston, 2392 County Road H, Deer Park WI 54007. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a very nice article published in the Handloader magazine, Oct/Nov, 2004; issue #231. They do sell back issues: Check at handloadermagazine.com. I have a rifle like the one featured in the article, a Remington model 30S, that I bought in 1999. The bore is not in the best shape so I didn't expect much from it, but as it turned out, it shoots almost anything quite well. In fact, my records show that I've fired 78 five-shot groups with this rifle and the average of all groups is 1.41". I have used mostly 100 gr bullets and IMR4895 powder. I have not tried any round nose bullets (which you would want to use in your model 14). A friend had a model 8 and tried 29.5 gr of IMR3031 in it with 100 gr bullets. His best groups (just under 5"--open sights) were with Hornady spires.

I can send you copies of my notes if you'd like.
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Pederson designed the 'twists' into the magazine tube of the Model 14 so that pointed bullets COULD be used.