In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

600 jr out of kilter

.410shooter.410shooter Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
Just noticed my new 600jr press in .410 seems to be out of line, like the column is twisted. The reprime punch does not come down in the center of the primer pocket. Any body ever see this before? Got an e-mail in to MEC, just wondering if there was something I could be doing wrong to cause this. Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Mark V is built like like my pre 1982 600 Jr, I seriously doubt that the center column is twisted. MECs are just so well built they seem to last forever with replacement of small parts. Get a set of wrenches and screwdrivers and make sure everything is good & tight. I'd bet that you've broken in the press and something just loosened up. Just a guess: check the bolt that holds the center column to the base first.
  • Options
    .410shooter.410shooter Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Update:

After a complete teardown and inspection, I discovered a drill shaving, from when the holes in the base were drilled, had hung ane caused the column to twist in the base. Cleaned it up with a file and now have loaded several hundred rounds without incident, this truely is a wonderful machine!!