In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloader 7 works well in the 45/70 w/shorter...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
barrels. I'm very impressed. I just shot my 45/70 with a 16" barrel and with one load, I shot a 1.25" group...but with the last load I shot a 1/4" group at 100 yards with open sights!...it's literally 1 hole. This was with 51.5 grains of RL-7 and achieved an average velocity of 2027 fps.

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eric its Labor Day... not April Fools day[:D]...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Eric its Labor Day... not April Fools day[:D]...

I'm serious as a heart attack![:I] I couldn't replicate it though. I loaded up some more ammo and went back out to shoot again...I'm not sure if it was my bruised, sore shoulder (being gun shy) or what, but I shot a 3" group the second time with the same load. I loaded up 10 rounds but I could only shoot 6 of them...my shoulder was too bruised after taking the break.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    barrels. I'm very impressed. I just shot my 45/70 with a 16" barrel and with one load, I shot a 1.25" group...but with the last load I shot a 1/4" group at 100 yards with open sights!...it's literally 1 hole. This was with 51.5 grains of RL-7 and achieved an average velocity of 2027 fps.

It was ONE hole...the other bullets never hit paper.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

It was ONE hole...the other bullets never hit paper.[:D]

[:D][:D][:D] I actually told my wife that I wish my scoped long range rifles shot that good...but like I said, I wasn't able to replicate it when I went back out to shoot. My shoulder has a big purple bruise on it right now.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All joking aside, My uncle who loads and uses the 45/70 amazes me with some of his groups. I spend so much time and $$$ with my 6.5's worrying
    about B.C., neck turning, powder selections, etc, etc.. He just has some simple pet loads that put 5 shot one hole groups at 100 yards from his Ruger #1 rifle. [:0]