In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help with Kart 1911 22 conv

I have a Kart 22 unit set up on a Colt Gold Cup frame. I can't seem to find any ammunition it will reliably work with. Any suggestions? I have Kart mags and Colt Ace mags, old and new, nothing seems to be consistent. I get bullet noses striking the rear of the barrel above the chamber, putting a pretty big half moon bite in the bullet. I've tried replacing the recoil spring with new Wolff springs in weights of 4.5 to 5.5 lbs with no improvement. Accuracy is great, just no reliable functioning. Does seem to work better with Remington target than anything else.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a magazine feed lip issue. PERRY SHOOTER will be back from a match today. He is the resident expert on Kart kits. I am sure he will help you with the issue.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I saw your post on ask the expert before coming here to this forum & I gave you some suggestions there. feel free to email me if you need more help.
  • Options
    olehoss1954olehoss1954 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the help from Perry Shooter and some extensive diagnostic sessions I was able to get the Kart unit shooting reliably. I finally had to replace the barrel link with a longer one (#13 National Match - it miked .010 longer than the factory installed link).
    Thanks Karl for all your help.