In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ANYONE ever try RN 3030 bullets in a cetme 308

just wondering if/how they would work. loaded a few the chamber and eject good OAL is in range.

any thinking on this .

im asking because i have a few hundred i got from somewhere

Comments

• sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chevelle427,

I've shot round-nose out of my CETME. They work fine.

They just don't give you all that "downrange potential" that a CETME isn't going to give you anyways (accuracy, velocity...mine anyways at least).
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    THANKS

just didn't want to try to trade the 3030 out for some that would work.
    just looking for something to plink with for now , last time i worked with it i did get 1.5in at 100yd out of it with some
    150 silver tip.
    gun sure is rough on the brass.[:(]

thought they might work, i have used some 110 rn in my sks , it didn't care either what they were all went into a 9in paper plate
    @ 100yd
  • mtnman31mtnman31 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never fired them through a CETME but I've used some 150gr RN in both my FAL and the M-1 Garand. The RN's functioned perfectly in both. The cartridge overall length was a bit shorter than a traditional spitzer or FMJ style bullet would be but there were no problems at all. I was only shooting steel gongs so I don't know what the bullets' terminal perfomance would be on game animals.