In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CV 500 Vibrator

Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
The motor in the tumbler has burnt out and for a good reason I used the hell out of it. I replaced it with a Thumbler that runs like a blown 426 Himi, being the tight reared guy that I am I would like to the Dillon machine back on line. I have some feelers out to motor suppliers to see if I can get a replacement for the Uppoc motor that are no longer manufactured. If anyone has changed the motor out on their Dillion please post the info here.

Thanks

Emmett

The part number on the motor is Uppco Inc, the wrapping on the windings are MDL 58T, T.P.I, CL "B", 120V, 60HZ, 1.05 A, 16172D, MDL 85PC

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To find that motor, you will have to go to The A O Smith web site. look for the listings for sub fractional motors, look for pdf booklet #7000. { You MAY have to find the listings for Type "B"} Find your motor and I'm sure a local supply house could get it for you. Bob
  • Options
    gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Emmett...it may be cheaper just to buy a new one. One just went on GB for $60. I used to have this exact tumbler but I sold it because it was too large. Wish I had kept it...
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with the shaker was the thermocouple it stuck open when the motor got hot. I had to unwrap the windings take the coupler out and do a continuity test and they were all right. Put a new coupler in and wrapped the motor and am burning it in now to see if it will hold up. I also found a motor Dayton 5M065 that is almost 4 Amps., just a matter of figuring out the install. The standard motor is only 1.05 the 4 Amp would be a strong motor to replace the stock one and only runs 200 RPM faster. The only draw back of the Dayton motor is that the bearing are ruining on the casing and shaft where the stock motor has rubber between the bearing and case ends. The shaft diameter is larger on the 4 Amp motor so the weight that rides on the end of the shaft would have to be drilled to that size. The point is that you can replace the motor on the CV-500 for 67.00 if need be and I think you would get a stronger set up and save quite a bit of money compaired to replacing it with the same new unit.

Emmett