In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Activ Shotshell Hulls

I have a bunch of these in 12ga, Clays powder, W209 primers. #8 lead shot and Claybuster 1100-12 wads. I want to use up these components and give up shotgun shell reloading. I'm too much of a rifle guy to have Shotshell reloaded cluttering up my bench. Anyone have some idea where to get a good 1oz target load to use up this stuff?

Comments

• Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure, use any load for 1 1/8 oz and only put in 1 oz of shot. Simple, eh ?
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That might work if the crimp doesn't turn in too far. Plan B would be to put a card filler wad in the bottom of the shotcup to take up the space. Those Activ hulls are of odd dimension and don't always work with common loads. I have quite a few and even have a case or so of factory loads. Haven't loaded shotshells for years since the bird population went to nothing-just using the stuff I already had loaded and some cheap target loads.
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those aren't my first choice for reloading, but I have loaded a few of those. Picked some up at the range one day just to see how they would load. I used Clays powder & 1 1\8 oz load & 1 oz loads. Both worked OK in my O/U & SxS. In a pump or auto loader I would be concerned about the primer staying seated.
  • Options
    Willys 1948Willys 1948 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just have a bunch of components and want to use them up but was concerned about pressure given that I don't have a recipe on hand. Don't want to buy a new shotgun or have a plastic surgeon get rich off of me. I'll handle the crimping issue ok with cards etc. Anyone have a book to recommend a load. Did not want to buy the book if the load was not there.