In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whats with the 550B and 800x?

I decided to reload some .40 S&W today using a 175 gr. lead bullet using some old shotgun powder 800x, just to use it up. And yes, I have a "Wolf" barrel in my Glock. As much as I tried, the darn stuff would not meter correctly. With the same powder bar setting, the charge weight would jump a whole grain or more. I'm use to using ball powder in all my rifle and pistol rounds such as AA #2 or #5 for pistol and BLC-2 and such for rifle. Is the Dillon known to have problems with flake powders or should I take a closer look at the powder bar? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    They dont work for flake or stick powder!!
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    The one BIG fault IMHO with Dillon is the powder measure.The Star is far and away a better design.
  • Options
    1917watercooled1917watercooled Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks much for the replys. I switched to Bullseye (another powder that I need to use up). Things are going well. My biggest headache with the Dillon is the primer seating. I just can't get it to seat a large pistol primer (.45) deep enough all the time. It may be the Winchester primer that I'm using for the .45, as I'm using Federal small pistol primer on the .40 S&W right now and that's going great. Anyway, thanks for the help.