In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One Shot Case Lube ??

kuca_2004kuca_2004 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Ok so i have a question regarding this One Shot Case Lube. If u spray this lube on do I have to wipe/clean it off? It says it dries in 1 minute so if its dry I was wondering if it is necessary to clean the case. What are some of your opinions?? I have the Hornady Lock-n-Load AP reloading press so I just want to put cases in and keep cranking the handle and make ammo. So I want to know if this will eliminate cleaning the lube off the cases.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    a quick wipe down after reloading is all I do. just switched to sizing wax much better.
  • Options
    Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't have to, but your cartridges will be prettier if you do.[:D]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tumble in a small grit corn cob media. Before I tumbled in corn cob, I would was off with hot water, soup, and vinegar.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dislike leaving any type of lube on my cases. I also dislike One Shot specifically as it has caused me more grief than any other of my reloading bloopers(except the blown up guns). I use the elcheapo spray lube from Midway and it works way better than One Shot but does require an after sizing tumble.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    I tumble in a small grit corn cob media. Before I tumbled in corn cob, I would was off with hot water, soup, and vinegar.

Is that tomato or chicken noodle soup [?][?][:D]
  • Options
    1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    a quick wipe down after reloading is all I do. just switched to sizing wax much better.

Try the wax. You will like it.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup. Imperial doesn't leave a mist of lube in the air and all over everything - and a two-ounce can lasts years.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a heads up from experience!
    You are eventually going to have problems with the spray type case lubes! You better get yourself a good stuck case remover if you are going to use the spray type lubes!
    I first tried the sprays and I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and eventually found that I was wearing out my RCBS stuck case remover, (it just don't cut the mustard on some caliber hulls) some calibers were squeaking as they were sized and had to be CAREFULLY sized in small steps to keep from sticking a case.
    I went back to regular lubes and no problems. I always clean the cases after sizing and especially before going to a gun chamber and I wipe them off good before sending them to a polisher, because the lube will load-up, grease and severely reduce the life of the polishing media!
    I have not tried the Imperial case sizing wax, but I have it down on my next midway order! I noticed awhile back that several of the guys on gun broker are recommending it as great, non-greasy, etc![;)]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to be real carefull with cases larger than 223 when using the spray. I shortened the press handle down by 1/2 and haven't stuck a case this sizing session=8gallons of 223 brass. I also use different tumblers to clean the lube off and then polish. The only other higher volume brass I run is .308 and most of it will size using spray. The other lower volume cases get hand lubed.
  • Options
    JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shortcut the educational curve
    go straight to the Imperial Sizing wax. It really is as good as everyone says!
    BTW It's now 2pm and I just passed 900 rds of 223. I started a bit after 8 and It's been a casual no rush reloading day.
  • Options
    kuca_2004kuca_2004 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to thank everyone for there input on my question. It is greatly appreciated! I just ordered some Imperial wax.
  • Options
    je2140je2140 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like One-shot on pistol cases, and tumble to clean every 2-4 reloads. It doesn't lubricate rifle cases adequately