In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Rockchucker, Dillon Idea

Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is work great so far!

Comments

• Options
    JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok I'm all about something new, but your gonna have to do some splainin for me to understand
  • Options
    peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok whats the new idea here?
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Those look like Dillon Primer Pickup Tubes; one each Yellow & green.
    And some sort of bushing.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was just me that couldn't follow the subject. It looks like a RCBS powder measure drum.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They are RCBS pickup tubes with the dillon plastic ends on them to pickup the primers. I got four of the RCBS tubes and all of them had the clips to hold the primers in the tube while you pick them up were gone, this is how I replaced them. Should have give more information to get you guys into the game.

Sorry

Emmett

PS: The drum is for a Uniflow powder throw that I used for an email to someone.
  • Options
    Willys 1948Willys 1948 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to prime with these tubes in the press. When picking up the primers out of my plastic "primer arranger" it would "pop" when clearing the spring pin and turn my primers over. This annoyed me to have to continue turning the primers over again. Then one day I found some extra cash and bought the RCBS hand priming tool. I'm pretty much in priming heaven now with virtually no man-handling of primers (less lube and body acid contamination) and better "feel" when priming. MUCH BETTER!! I gladly removed the tube bracket from my press and stored all of this equipment for my heirs to find someday.

Maybe the Dillon plastic do dads will be better for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Willys 1948
    I used to prime with these tubes in the press. When picking up the primers out of my plastic "primer arranger" it would "pop" when clearing the spring pin and turn my primers over. This annoyed me to have to continue turning the primers over again. Then one day I found some extra cash and bought the RCBS hand priming tool. I'm pretty much in priming heaven now with virtually no man-handling of primers (less lube and body acid contamination) and better "feel" when priming. MUCH BETTER!! I gladly removed the tube bracket from my press and stored all of this equipment for my heirs to find someday.

Maybe the Dillon plastic do dads will be better for you.

I'm a little puzzled by your post. Those tubes don't go in the press. They are pick up tubes. If you use a quality primer flipper you should never have any physical contact with the primers. I do still hand prime on a small batch of large rifle rounds. But I can truly "feel" the prime on my dillon press too. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your post. If so... sorry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Justjump,

You are a little confused because the tubes are not Dillon they are RCBS with Dillon pickups on the end. After these tubes are filled they become like the inner primer tube of your Dillon priming system and feed the primers to the priming tool on the RCBS press. The clips on the RCBS tubes that hold the primers in place in the tube while you are picking up primers wear out or come up missing and I replaced them with the Dillon parts.

Emmett
  • Options
    edited November -1
    O I C
    LOL you should just get a Dillon[;)]

O BTW I rebuilt the vibratory tumbler, swaped ends with bearing carriers and milled a bit out of the bottom one and slid in a thin brass race, Its back up and running with no investment at all. It will give up sooner or later but its runnin right now.

Edit: OK I just looked at another post. You do have a dillon 550. or at least the toolheads. Emmit stop this unholy crossbreading of dillons and rock chuckers LOL[;)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1