In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Surplus 844 powder??

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone used the 844 powder that HiTech Ammo is selling on the auction side? I've used some of his powder before but just wanted to know if anyone had tried the current run of 844 he's selling now. I'm getting ready to load several thousand rounds of fmj shooting ammo so the uniformity requirement is somewhat lower than PD hunting ammo.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not used the current but we have used HiTech for years and have never had any issues with them or their powder.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I'll find out as I bought a split case of this and 846. I'm very surprised that there weren't more replies considering how fast he's selling this stuff. The long range match powder I got last year was OK, but maybe not as consistent as I'd hoped. I felt it safer to drop the charge just a little just in case and I found a few bits and pieces of what looked like paint chips in the powder. I first thought it was sealant but not the right shape and thicker than sealant would be. Anyway, I've got enough to load about 7000 muslim/zombie rounds with the primed cases and bulk 55 FMJ's I've stockpiled plus another bucket of 308 FMJ.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I've not used his but have used Pat's from patsreloading.com.

If a similar lot number, it's great stuff, my .223 loves it (as well as the 846 incidentally).
  • Options
    Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My buddies and I have been looking at it but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.