In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More RCBS Modifications

Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
The brackets I make to hang bins on the side of the Strong Mount. After putting the brackets for the bins on I found the powder throw to low and made the new bracket to raise it for access. Dillon make the brackets for the bins I had to pass on the price for them. The last two pictures are before the modifications and after.

Emmett

Comments

• Options
    gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Emmett,
    As you know I am a fan of your work. Before you repainted the press, how did you strip it and prep it for painting
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nicely done...user friendly is always a good thing[:)]
  • Options
    JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    very nice Emmett!!!
    Nice attention to detail

Now if you could just make the dillon press[;)][;)]
    EDIT !: Is Dillon taking care of It? I think your crossbreeds are great. It's that Mother of invention thing in action... Salute!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I made a solution of Simple Green, soap, water and boiled the press and still had some cleaning to due. Under he paint is a rough surface and it is the reason the thick paint is to cover the surface, these are really rough castings. I just sanded the areas that there was not paint and a real light sanding of the old paint and it does not look perfect, it is fine for me. If you take the coating off the rough casting will look like a dropping when you paint it.

Emmett
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Justjump,

The Dillon 550B is in the shop with a crack at the stop behind the pin. With the Dillon being fixed it has given some time to bring the RCBS back to life for decapping, primer pocket swedging and rifle ammo duties.

Emmett