In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question(s) for you guys...

that have used the vinegar/water mix to clean your brass...

Do you put your brass in the "brew" before you deprime or after you deprime?

Same question for you guys that use a tumbler.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    ButtButt Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put mine in the tumbler first, that way you won't get dirt in your die, or media stuck in the flash hole. Pita cleaning flash holes[:(][;)]
    Never tried the water/vinegar mix.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use water/white vinegar (boiling temp) to clean any of the remaining lube from the cases.
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to use the old NRA water, venegar, salt formula to clean dirty, scrounged-up cases. I USUALLY deprimed first on the theory I could visually check for thorough dryness in the primer pocket. I did not clean the cases after every firing; only made sure they were wiped clean before sizing them. Discolored brass does not bother me, especially when loading large quanity for competition
    Added: I did not deprime in the sizing die, but deprimed each case by hand with a punch and hammer.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not deprime my cases before tumbling. I deprime and clean the flash hole with a primer pocket brush after tumbling.
  • Options
    gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Nu Finish car wax...better than any polish additive.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a universal deprimer, then use reverse osmosis water and white vinegar in a 50/50 mix with a drop of dishwashing soap in my ultrasonic cleaner. That way the primer pockets get cleaned of all the residue.

I use R/O water because our water has a lot on minerals left in it even after going through the softener. That way I don't have any deposits or staining on my brass from the minerals.