In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington bullets

TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
Did Remington make a .30 cal 150gr corelokt psp bullet without the cannelure? Thanks for any info. Terrill.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    looking for Remington .44 cal lead semi wad cutter 240 gr gas checked bullets for reloading.
    These were discontinued many years ago , been looking everywhere for these , hope someones got some squirreled away and no longer loads them, thanks

I also posted this in the wanted forum, but thought I might have a better chance of finding them here
  • Options
    WinMikeWinMike Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this doesn't answer your question, but have you tried Laser-Cast/Oregon Trail? They make a 240 Keith-type SWC that shoots very nicely in my .44.

I'm not familiar with .44 Remington, but in other calibers, they're fairly soft. The Laser-Cast are much more versatile, IMHO.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your only choice for the bullets you describe may well be casting your own and fitting them with gas checks.
    That said, assuming you want higher velocities without leading, finding a proper combination of hardness, lubrication and size can work wonders.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your only choice for the bullets you describe may well be casting your own and fitting them with gas checks.
    That said, assuming you want higher velocities without leading, finding a proper combination of hardness, lubrication and size can work wonders.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the advise.. really liked the Remingtons performance and accuracy out of my Super Black Hawk..their hardness is / was perfect for my uses and I do not want to cast/size lube gas check..just want to load and shoot. I have loads that I have worked up and used since the mid 70's for this bullet that make 50,100, 150 and 200yd shots predictable for me, just don't want to have to start all over again.
    thanks again