In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloading Fiocchi? RWS?

NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
I've got 1000 rounds each of RWS .45 ACP and 9 mm, as well as 1000 rounds of Fiocchi .380 and .45 ACP.

Does anyone know if these are good brass casings to reload? They seem to be, but wanted to hear from anyone who might know first hand. I hear about Remington or Winchester being "better" but don't know why. The Fiocchi and RWS look fine to me.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The RWS brass I am not familiar with. The Fiocchi brass will be fine, check for crimped primers.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    There is nothing wrong with either of those two, load them up and have fun.
  • Options
    gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of european/russion brass has tight primer pockets, not the case with RWS and fiocchi, in fact I have found fiocchi brass to be quite good.

Stay away from sellier&beliot (tight pockets)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gknaka2

Stay away from sellier&beliot (tight pockets)

S&B cases are usually have crimped primers. Remove the crimp and they are good to go.
  • Options
    gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you remove the crimp?? I just throw them (WCC,S&B,etc) in a Gatorade bottle...NEXT!!! lol

Been doing that for years.
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    How do you remove the crimp?? I just throw them (WCC,S&B,etc) in a Gatorade bottle...NEXT!!! lol

The Air National Guard leases one of our ranges instead of having to drive to Benning to qualify .
    They police most of their brass ,but I manage to find a few hundred 9mm WCC hulls most of the time .
    Good brass ---just have to get rid of the crimp .
  • Options
    JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love WCC and S&B little bit of attention on the front end but it seems to last. The one I hate is A-MERC They must have thicker walls cause if I don't catch them in the process they will fail to feed every time
  • Options
    edited November -1

Any of the swage tools that are available. You can also use a pocket reamer, this is my method because it is cheap. Doesn't take long to do each case. I usually do something like this while watching TV. It is a must for any military rifle brass.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good thread, guys, thanks! I'm learning a lot here!

I'm ordering a Hornady Lock n Load press, so am starting to prep brass. RWS and Fiocchi it is!