In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Para Ordance trigger pull

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
The trigger pull seems too hard on my Para Ordance Warthog 45acp, can it be adjusted, without taking to a gunsmith? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Only if you know the 1911 inside-out [;)]
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    The simple answer is no.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can a regular 1911 not have a good trigger pull? I though shooters used them for target practce.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peddler
    can a regular 1911 not have a good trigger pull? I though shooters used them for target practce.

Most plain stock 1911,s have a heavy trigger.
    A good target 1911 will have the trigger worked on by the factory or a good gunsmith.
    It takes polishing the hammer and sear and tweaking the springs to do it.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    the warthog is one of the smaller framed 1911s no? made for carry/defensive use? Wouldn't it be a bad idea to have to light of a trigger pull on a pistol your going to be carrying all the time?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes it would but I do not carry it, I just use it to target shoot. If I carry its a Smith J frame, Thanks for all the info.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just checked the trigger pull on my Warthog and its 5.5 lbs. would like it about 3-4 lbs. I thank. My Ruger 45 lc revolver is 4.5 and my Colt saa 45 lc is 2 lbs.
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is possible for an individual to improve the trigger pull on a 1911 style pistol. (1) you must understand the interaction of the parts. (2) you must understand what can safely be changed. (3) you must have directions / pictures. (4) you must have the few files and stones required. (5) you must be somewhat skilled in using the tools. There are and have been many articles showing how this is done. There are also tool / jig kits available to do the job from Brownells, etc., at about $60 to $80 (I think). It's an interesting project and if you ruin the parts, you can just buy new parts. You haven't ruined the pistol.