In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

thoughts on a Browning High Power Competition

johnjayjohnjay Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
I was wondering what are your thoughts on a High Power Competition for match shooting. I reacently fell into a couple of them in a deal and I was wondering if they would be a good gun or if I should Just sell them Thanks guys have a great day.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    The Browning HP is a very good design . I don't know What Type of Competition. But as I can only speak for N.R.A. Bulls-Eye You can shoot one of the browning Competition in the center fire stage. However in 32 Trips To Camp Perry and 40+ years of shooting I have never seen one used. Don't get me wrong but it will be an up-hill battle . Just like if you want to go Drag Racing "95 % use a Chevy , Ford , Mopar. " That is not to say you can't use an Peugeot. Your Browning just has not had as much development in working up loads that will shoot 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards.It also as far as I know does not have a Scope/Red Dot mount available "The norm theses days". On top of this the trigger and grip angle is different then most Competitive pistols. Bottom line is if the pistol meets the rules on what is allowed and you want to shoot it do so.