In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Counter Sniper scopes

p2hc45acpp2hc45acp Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
Any thoughts on them? I've been looking at several for long range, Bushnell Elite 6500 6-24x50, Konus M-30 6.5-25x50mm, Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-20x42mm. I know there will be preferences but,I'm asking. What's good and bad and what's in between.

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Price range?

And I hope you are not referring to the brand "Counter Sniper".

They are junk.

CP
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a Burris Signature or Black Diamond and cry once.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Everything I have read on Counter Sniper scopes is that they are junk. Bad glass, not a quality piece. I would also look into Valdada scopes and agree on on the Burris suggestion.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Buy a Nightforce and be done with it....
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p2hc45acp
    Any thoughts on them? I've been looking at several for long range, Bushnell Elite 6500 6-24x50, Konus M-30 6.5-25x50mm, Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-20x42mm. I know there will be preferences but,I'm asking. What's good and bad and what's in between.

PULEEEAASE do not fall into this trap. These are junk scopes from China. They've been re-named a couple times but still crap. If you want decent quality buy a Nikon, Burris or better yet a Vortex.

As you may understand the words "Sniper" and "Counter-Sniper" have become marketing buzzwords. Countersniper scopes are simply taking advantage of the market for "Sniper" scopes.

Edit:

quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    Everything I have read on Counter Sniper scopes is that they are junk. Bad glass, not a quality piece. I would also look into Valdada scopes and agree on on the Burris suggestion.

For a little more money I would definitely take either an IOR Valdada or a Meopta scope. Very good quality both of them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys,
    that's what I was looking for. Junk is junk no matter how nicly it's named.
  • Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Buy a Burris Signature or Black Diamond and cry once.

+1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd
    Price range?

And I hope you are not referring to the brand "Counter Sniper".

They are junk.

CP

If you don't have the time to do it right when will you have the time to fix it.

$300-600 lower end until I'm comfortable at longer ranges.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $600 = Burris signature with balistic mil dot reticle.
  • Options
    ccw1911ccw1911 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got in a Weaver 40/44 4x12 balistic recticle that is an excellent scope for the price.