In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fun Project idea I am toying with.

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
10/22 BR rail gun![:D]

300px-Railgun1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    10/22 BR rail gun![:D]

300px-Railgun1.jpg

So what would you do with that, other than put all your bullets through the same hole? [:D]
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aw Bubba, don't let FrancF get one over on you...
    This is just a bunch of stuff that had collected in the 'misc' bin of his worktable.....that when arranged together looks just awesome.[:0]

Yea, if it was a working setup there would surely be more photos, maybe a video to show what a totally fantastic master-minded-brainstorm shootin machine this really is. [:D][}:)]
  • Options
    WinMikeWinMike Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:I] Have to admit I was looking for a trigger.....[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This a random pic, not mine.

But what I was thinking, rail guns for the most part are centerfire. Doing a rimfire would be a challenge with the ammo variance and a little cheaper to build.

Just brain storming a winter project.[:)] EDIT: I have never built one, so it will be a great learning process, machining my own rest etc.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "This a random pic, not mine.

Glad you clarified, cuz my eyeballs were getting fuzzy trying to make the action look like a 10/22.
    I like the concept though, but wonder why you wouldn't go with one of the single shot, locked breach designs??

Franc,
    No such thing as a bad project, some just turn out a little better than others. Love to hear how this one goes.
    Enjoy!
    Rob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just cost mostly. If it does not work out, it will be easy enough to put it into a stock. And for me, having never building one before, this will make the learning curve just right for me.
  • Options
    JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It being a rimfire have you considered a twin firing pin setup? Back in the day a firing pin that hits at 3:00 and 9:00 was all the rage for consistent detonation. I still have a single six that I did this on just for fun. Good luck and keep us updated