In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

accurate 3100

reaverldr6reaverldr6 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
this was my favorite powder in 270WIN with 140g boattail bullets. However, I cannot seem to find it any longer. sent email to accurate powders with no reply . I understand from other sources its no longer manufactured. does anyone KNOW The reason why it is no longer made? is there a substitute& comparable powder now made?? thanks
Jim 'rovinggambler6@hotmail.com'

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    JUST ABOUT THE SAME BURN RATE AS 4350 OR 4831 OR RL 19
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    reaverldr6,

This is one of those situations where stocking up on a favorite powder would have been advisable. I found 4-8 lb. jugs when I read about the discontinuation so I was lucky. But I had to invest some significant dollars to insure my supply for a while.

There are powders available currently which will work for your .270 Win. Like the .30-06 and the .308 Win., popularity keeps a continuous stream of new or improved loads coming along.

Right off the bat, I suggest trying some Hodgdon Hybrid 100V for your load with the 140 BT. I am liking this powder a lot for other applications and it has data available for the .270 Win.

Alternatives abound with all the other standard powders named or in the books for this cartridge. Do some reading then select a couple of powders to test and get to the range for some fun!

Best.
  • Options
    scottsdalescottsdale Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    AA powders currently being made overseas and hear 3100 will be back.