In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

any home made ultra-sonic cleaning solutions out t

j3081j3081 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
trying the ultra-sonic cleaner on brass cartridges,,,any good solutions out there,,,thanks[:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First hint, Distilled water is your friend, Nothing else.... Tap water will kill your tank!!![:D][:D][:D] As for soap if you wish "Dawn" and a drop or 2 is about right.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    1 tbsp citric acid powder to 1 gallon of water plus a few drops of dawn. Can be reused quite a few times.

With all due agreement to FrancF, I can't afford a gallon of distilled water every time I do a batch of brass; I use stuff run through my Brita filter. Not quite distilled but removes most of the junk and saves me money.

Mind you I generally use a tumbler but for smallish batches the ultrasonic is quicker and has better results.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Water from a dehumidifier is "distilled" as is water from an A/C unit.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    1 tbsp citric acid powder to 1 gallon of water plus a few drops of dawn. Can be reused quite a few times.

With all due agreement to FrancF, I can't afford a gallon of distilled water every time I do a batch of brass; I use stuff run through my Brita filter. Not quite distilled but removes most of the junk and saves me money.

Mind you I generally use a tumbler but for smallish batches the ultrasonic is quicker and has better results.

Do the best you can to filter your water. Like wise,! no disrespect taken[^] After Being in the semiconductor industry using USC tanks for many things never seen on this forum. Just saying you investment
    in DI water from the store at .99 a gallon will give your tank X3 the life.

If you give it the right care, the transducers will live a shorter life than the tank.