In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

champion shooter

swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
It isn't very often the media writes a positive article about shooting sports. The largest daily newspaper in this part of the country just wrote a very nice full page article with pictures of a local man that won the International Benchrest Shooters championship.

This man just started shooting competitively in 2008 and was rookie of the year at that time.

It is possible some of the individuals on this forum know Todd. He is a buddy of mine and his brothern is also.

Comments

• Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the post. How do we read the article? [:0]

Do you have any links to the article? [;)]

( PS: Believe that you were saying that both he and his brother are buddies of yours, correct? Or you are all brethren! [:)] [;)] [:)] . . . )
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, buddies. Not Brethren, sorry about that.

www.grandforksherald.com

The title is "Just call him Walhalla's top gun".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link. [:)]

I was interested, [:)]

I tried, [:)]

I failed, sorry. [;)]

The Newspaper wants about $3.00 for access to the article for much of anything more than what you had posted. Sorry guys. [:0] [8] [B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry about the link, I did not realize they charged for articles.

I will give you the scoop from the paper.

Todd shoots a 6mm Dasher in the light gun class. His group was 3.8 inches with a score of 47.33 out of 50. His score in the light gun was good enough for 6th place but he beat everybody by at least an inch in group size and the combined scores gave him the championship in the light gun class.

In the heavy gun class, Todd shoots a 300 WSM; at 85 pounds. His points in both group size and score combined with his light gun scores earned him the overall National Championship.

Both rifles are topped with Nightforce 12-42 power scopes.

There is quite a bit more to the article but this is probably the most important info you are interested in.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's awesome they did that for him.

I did get sidetracked with the whole "Fighting Sioux" nickname fight though. Unbelievable, eh?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    swearengine -

Thank you, for the information, appreciated. [:)]

Attempting to get a note to anyone with pull to see if the entire article might be posted with them getting the credits.

We'll see.