In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

was gonna try some VS1 attractant...

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
and then I saw the price tag!!! What the heck are they thinking selling it for $60 per stick? Do people really buy it at that price? Has anyone on here used it? It better shoot the deer, carry it home and skin it for that amount.

Comments

• Options
    bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched that add on VS-1 on TV for two years. One of the Warren twins had been pushing the hell out of that stuff. So I broke down paid the price and tried it. I have to honestly say I gave it a good and honest effort. I have used Tinks, Code Blue Wild Life Research golden estrus and others. By far I have had the best luck with Golden Estrus. I hunt in Suffolk county NY, We have allot of deer here with plenty of bucks. The best part about this is if anything is worth it's salt you will find out using it here.
    IMOA VS-1 is the worst rip off of any product I have ever used. I paid 50 bucks for a bottle of that crap, and never had a buck even give it a whiff. I will never buy anything again the Mr. Warren tries to sell.
    I see that the guy on American Archer is pushing it now. He is another one that is just a company mouth piece. One of those guys that will say any thing for a dollar. I say this because I talked to a few hunters I know that gave it a try and they to came to the same conclusion. These are guys I know that shoot quality deer year after year.
    So if your asking, I am giving you a honest answer,,,,,SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! It's JUNK [:(!]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've heard people on AT says its the cats meow. I myself won't pay that price though. I have had outstanding results with Buck stop 200. I've had big boys come right to it

http://www.hollowhilloutdoors.com/200prdoes.html

Although being a part of a team that is sponsored now I need to push Black widow deer lures [:D]

http://www.blackwidowdeerlures.com/
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    [quote
    Although being a part of a team that is sponsored now I need to push Black widow deer lures [:D]

http://www.blackwidowdeerlures.com/

[/quote]

Ain't you just the fatlady.[:D]

And no I didn't say fatlady.
  • Options
    mschexnamschexna Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not tried the VS-1 because of the price.....but if you want a good cover scent thats not your typical * piss or skunk smell, I suggest tring Deer Heard in a stick its only 15.00 and I have had success with using this on my boots walking to my stand as well as hitting a couple of the trees around my stand during bow season.

Mike
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BuckBomb doe in estrus has pulled in 3 for us here in the past...Trying out that Tinks scrape stuff {exact name??}spray bottle now, alot of tracks in and around the mock scrapes so-far...